Saturday, September 16, 2006

Day 1 of cycle touring

Day 1 proper of cycling touring saw me heading out of Orleans upstream towards Chateauneuf-sur-Loire. I was thoroughly enjoying my experience on this track right beside the Loire - until- just after I took this photo - I came across a jerk in a car. I then had a scary experience that nearly put me off cycle touring entirely. However, I am glad to report that I carried on and I had no more such scary experiences.

When I arrived in Chateauneuf-sur-Loire, this was the avenue of trees that greeted me as I cycled down into the camping ground. I love the many avenues of trees you can find in France! This one reminded me of the victorious avenue for the run at the end of the women's triathlon at Ongley Park in PN. And I had the same feeling of great satisfaction and achievement.
I felt that I had the "red carpet" treatment when I rolled in to the Chateauneuf camping ground on my 'velo'. The couple who were caretakers clearly took their job seriously and enjoyed running the camp and making people welcome. Here is my tent and my 'velo' right on the riverbanks of the Loire.


No comments:

Post a Comment