Monday, September 04, 2006

All my bags are packed

All my bags are packed - well not quite yet - half packed - but I am a child of the era of that song... perhaps if I looked back I might find that I even started my travel blog the same way when I left home....
I will be glad to leave Singapore - as a visitor it seems like it is one big shopping mall really and I am not a big shopping mall person. Mind you it is pouring with rain at present and it is warm rain - somehow I doubt the Manawatu rain will be quite the same temperature. Phew, when I say 'pouring' I mean it: it is absolutely bucketing down!
There is another reason to be glad to be leaving Singapore. IMF and/or World Bank - ( I think they are the ones!) -have their meetings here soon. Various roads are going to be closed off from the 10th to the 20th, so traffic could be chaotic. Plus demonstrations are banned here in Singapore - I kid you not. So who knows what will happen.
The thing I find strangest about Singapore is that there is such a lack of awareness of others. I doubt that people mean to be rude - but they seem to just follow their own trajectory in places like the supermarket / trains etc, and take no account of where anyone else may be walking.
I have become accustomed to the heat though- and it feels strange that I will be taking my jacket on the plane with me to make certain I have it ready to put on at the other end!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment