Sunday, September 17, 2006

Confluence: Loire and Cher

From Montrichard I travelled via a night in Montbazon to Savonnieres, which was close to the gardens at Villandry. By this stage of my trip, I realised I was much more into enjoying the landscapes than I was into visiting "tourist" sights. But, the formal gardens at Villandry really are something special and not to be missed!



Not far from the gardens was my first "Confluence". This was where the river Cher that I had fallen in love with at Montrichard, flowed into the Loire. It all happens so quietly and uneventfully, yet it seemed that there was huge natural drama in this one special river just 'disappearing' to be called part of another.
Travel blog entry: I never had much internet access a lot of the time along the Loire so entries are quite brief generally. You can catch up on much of the past week here: http://kiwinomad06.blogspot.com/2006/06/internet-in-chinon.html

No comments:

Post a Comment