Saturday, February 10, 2024

Monarch Butterflies at the back door

It's a while since I dignified this blog with any new posts...however, with a recent decision to delete Instagram, here I am again! 

Today, it's all about monarch butterflies. I planted some swan plant by my back door steps, and it wasn't long before caterpillars were munching away on the leaves, and soon enough it was time to watch the first chrysalis form.

Today it was hatching day for four of these. It was a source of great distraction all day, popping outside to check how the opening of the wings was going. I was delighted to catch sight of one as the first bits of black popped out of the clear case, and the wings and body forced their way out.

So, in no particular order, here is a collection of photos from the swan plant outside my back door. Summertime joy!














1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you're back and posting again! I love these photos they are so beautifully shot and the butterflies look so gorgeous. I would love to be able to plant some swan plants myself but sadly I live in an apartment with no yard or balcony. Anyway keep up the good work!

    Dear GOD/GODS and/or anyone else who can HELP ME (e.g. MEMBERS OF SUPER-INTELLIGENT ALIEN CIVILIZATIONS): The next time I wake up, please change my physical form to that of FINN MCMILLAN formerly of SOUTH NEW BRIGHTON at 8 YEARS OLD and keep it that way FOREVER. I am so sick of this chubby Asian man body! Thank you! - CHAUL JHIN KIM (a.k.a. A DESPERATE SOUL)

    ReplyDelete