Friday, April 20, 2018

Getting in the Groove

I have booked to walk the Milford Sound route in December and it is a great incentive to 'up' my fitness level. This blog is intended to be a 'mainly private' account of my 'training'.

During winter I expect to walk tracks near the city, and maybe do a few 'stair' climbs. Then come spring I will get more into steeper tracks like up to Rangiwahia Hut and more longer distance walking.

So here are three recent walks I recorded on Strava.

First one was a loop from the bridge and along part of Turitea Walkway, before exiting to Springdale Grove and heading downhill again.


These three photos are from this walk.



Next walk was a morning half hour stretching of the legs in my suburb, and around Memorial Park. (No photos this time.)

Today's walk was along the eastern end of the Manawatu River Pathway.

It was windy up on the stopbank, but relatively protected along the path itself.

Here are some photos from along the way.



Hopefully it won't be too long before this blog has more posts - probably quite brief...

No comments:

Post a Comment