Sunday, March 27, 2011

86: Te Rewa Rewa Bridge


This bridge was opened last year in New Plymouth, and allows walkers, cyclists and runners to travel along the coastal walkway, over the Waiwakaio River and towards Bell Block. Even though it was a bleak day, with threatening black clouds and occasional showers of rain, lots of people were out along the route. 

One person told me I would have to photoshop the mountain in, as you could see it straight along this bridge on a good day, but I told him I had a friend who already had many 'blue sky' photos of this bridge and I had to show the other side of Taranaki weather!

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm ribs from a Trex? Actually very beautiful.... I love asymitry(sic)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't researched the thinking behind it, but it reminded me of the ribs of a whale, which is more likely than a t-rex in our part of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh its taken me this long to respond! - "many photos" wot moi? Ha - i actually love those dark and dangerous clouds too - tis rather threatening huh? but I know for sure there will be many more occasions for you to visit on blue sky days - this was our way of offering variations on a theme. We are very creative in the Naki you know! :p)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know.... I am a Naki girl too you know- you can take the girl out of the Naki, but you can't take the Naki out of the girl!

    ReplyDelete