Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thematic Photographic 241: Pairs

This week just two photos for Carmi's Thematic Photographic post- Pairs. Both of them show an aspect of "Autumn" here in the Southern Hemisphere.

We had a long, warm, dry summer, that almost seemed like it would never end. But all of a sudden it did, and the rains came, though it was still mostly reasonably warm. So on my lawn I had an explosion of mushrooms, and most days I had a few to add to the meal at dinnertime. Yum!

I've been out and about upping my walking distance again lately- I tended to hide inside when the afternoons were quite warm. In the process I have taken more than a few photos of autumn leaves that have fallen from our deciduous trees, though this was the only 'pair' I could find... (By the way, most of our native trees stay green all winter.)


12 comments:

  1. Great photos Kiwi Nomad, fun to see you participating! Do you really have edible mushrooms growing in your garden?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year, yes. Conditions seem to have suited them, and they have indeed just been sprouting up out of the lawn.

      Delete
  2. Love the mushrooms! Wow the lighting shows up the detail of the gills..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mushrooms have all been delicious! The lighting was natural, from the window above the bench.

      Delete
  3. The thought of stuffed mushrooms warms the heart. The leaves look like oak to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was oak Bob- though I know native leaves better than exotic ones!

      Delete
  4. I like your pair selections, and they go nicely with us just celebrating Earth Day yesterday! Wow, I just thought, I need to get my pairs in too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, I only get into the act with the themes 'some of the time', but realised I had some recent photos that suited this theme! And I had just been out walking and took lots of autumn photos.

      Delete
  5. Those look like oak leaves. I wonder if they are an import?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have oak trees here, but they are all imported. A large majority of our native trees keep their leaves year-round.

      Delete
  6. I love the upside down mushrooms. good capture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were yum to eat as well Max- though I have probably had my season's fill of them now!

      Delete