Saturday, July 21, 2012

Leaving Home- 11 April

Now I'm home I've been able to look at all the photos I took during my trip on my camera... I will share a few of the 'non-walking' photos on this blog- and will let you know where/when I post some of the 'walking' ones.
First up are a few pics from the day of departure. (You can click on the photos to see larger versions.)

 Here's my little home airport in Palmerston North, and from upstairs I could see my pack about to be loaded onto the plane.

 At Auckland Airport I spied this All Blacks plane on the tarmac- though I never flew in it.

I have usually been budget-conscious and stayed in hostels - but there was a special stopover deal with Singapore Airlines that was too good to resist. I wasn't too sure what my hotel - the Grand Chancellor- was going to be like. I had gone for the cheapest option and wasn't sure how it would pan out, but as you can see I had a lovely room. The foyer was quite noisy when I arrived, with some noisy tour groups, but they must have been in another part of the hotel, and I had a lovely quiet room, and had a great night's sleep.

 From my room at night there was a wonderful view of the city below.

The hotel was right in the middle of Little India. It was early evening local time when I arrived so I headed off for a walk before I tried to sleep. There was lots of colour, and plenty to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment