Friday, February 25, 2011

56: Cycling Criterium


It was an interesting evening here in Palmy, with the 'World Women’s Cycle Tour Criterium' happening around the Railway Land- as well as a Mayoral Challenge and Bike Manawatu Criterium races. It was a pleasant, calm evening- much to the surprise of more than a few visitors I think :-)

This photo shows the leading four women in the elite women's criterium. It was the woman in blue and red who took the race out in the end. She took off at the bell for the last lap, while the other three seemed to be racing tactically, waiting to see who would break first. And while they dithered, the eventual winner got too much of a gap on them. Exciting stuff!

5 comments:

  1. What a fine picture of firm muscular womanhood :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are international road cyclists- elite sportswomen....

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look like I imagine myself on my bike. Too bad it's all in my imagination!

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree w/Michele!! I hate the fact that they actually do look good in spandex shorts!! Blast them!! They are amazing to watch though and really, an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lol They look so very fit these women....so much training must go into this. They really are an inspiration....

    ReplyDelete