Monday, January 03, 2011

Off to Okains Bay

I joined my friends in Christchurch for a couple of days, and saw signs of earthquake damage at their home, largely due to soil liquefaction. Here is my wee doll Arohanui checking out their garage which has to be demolished and replaced.

Soon it was time to be off to Banks Peninsula for camping at Okains Bay. 

It took no time at all to sink into that relaxing feeling.... These next three photos from the sunset that evening.

These two oystercatchers are part of a group  of three I saw often along the beach. I think that one is a juvenile. Certainly, one of these three was very belligerent, perhaps protecting the young one. I am much further away than you might think, as this camera has an excellent zoom, but I was dive-bombed several times on various occasions, and saw the same happen to others who inadvertently strayed too close!

It was a peaceful time of evening to take out a flounder net, but I think their efforts only scored them crabs this time....

No comments:

Post a Comment