Tuesday, July 26, 2011

207: snow-free hills

Well, this was a surprising turn-up for the books: no snow visible this morning on the hills behind Palmerston North!
Yesterday much of the country was in the grip of a severe winter storm. It was very chilly here in Palmy, but the worst weather I saw was a small bit of sleet, that I could almost imagine a few snowflakes in. However, roads were closed by snow just over the other side of the ranges, and I fondly imagined I would be putting a photo up here today that showed snow low on the hills near Palmy. But the whole storm seems to have more or less bypassed us, and you only see snow when you get a glimpse of higher parts of the ranges!

6 comments:

  1. Well my friend, you seem so disappointed to have missed the snowstorm! There is a open invitation to come experience multiple snowstorms here in our winter. I guarantee at least 5 storms if you come in February.

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol Michèle, I don't think I would cope at all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I promise to lend you my warmest coat, hat and boots and of course mittens!

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might just come in summer and bring my sunhat and sunblock :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect, I am sitting on the back deck, just had breakfast. They are predicting sun and 27 celsius, nice breeze. Come across the ocean my dear!

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolol if only.... my holidays are just about to end and bunch of five year olds will be waiting for me on Monday!

    ReplyDelete