Monday, July 25, 2011

206: Wrist warmers


Well, quite a bit of the country is having snow at present, but not us. I feel deprived- though it is still cold enough- only about  6C. You can tell there is snow falling on the nearby ranges though, and can see a sprinkling of it below the cloud level, so maybe I can bring you a photo of that tomorrow... 

Meanwhile, here is a bit of warmth with these wrist warmers. I found them in a market in Rotorua on Saturday morning. They are made in Nepal, and a UK friend suggested such a thing to help with some winter wrist pain in the bone I broke last year. I had never seen them before in NZ and was quite amazed to come across them. And did I buy one of the nice sensible neutral or pale coloured pairs? Well, ummmm no.... I went for the bright rainbow connection! And they do seem to be doing the trick. Although it is now really quite chilly, my wrist feels pretty comfortable.

6 comments:

  1. I love the colours! Apparently we have snow on Mt Te Aroha, which has only happened 2 or 3 times before in the 27 years I've lived in the Bay of Plenty. It's sure cold enough!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours too, and if I wear one under a black jersey, I imagine my five year olds will feel more cheerful too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colours.. just looking at them makes me feel warmer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I take it you don't have snow there Kay? We had a small amount of sleet this afternoon, but mostly we haven't even had any rain since I arrived home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful colours in those wrist warmers! So "Spring is in the Air" is being held up I guess??

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's sunny again here today Michèle, though a chill is in the air and it was a very frosty start to the day. I was so disappointed, the snow that came to so many places seemed to mainly pass us by. Though I am sure I saw a few snowflakes yesterday amidst the sleet when we had a brief shower. Roads nearby were closed because of snow, but we couldn't even manage to have it raining very much!!!

    ReplyDelete