Monday, April 24, 2006

Mergoscia

This morning I discovered something everyone who comes to Locarno should do: take the bus up to Mergoscia. It was a sunny calm earlyish morning, and I think the views were probably the most stunning I have seen on a bus ride anywhere. We zigzagged our way up the hills above Locarno and the views down over the lake were just stunning.
Then I took the walk above Mergoscia in the direction of Corippo. I don't know if my ancestors often took this walk or not, but it felt like I was walking in their footsteps. Again, stunning views to mountains and down to the River Verzasca. Talked to some German speaking people staying in Corippo about my Giuseppe Scettrini, born 1835 in Corippo. Then walked on to Lavertezzo and over its bridge before catching one of the limited number of Postbuses back on a Sunday. Now doing laundry and escaping some sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment