Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nearing Santiago

Nearing Santiago



Less than 30km to go now for Santiago. Enjoyed today's pleasant walk very much, largely through forest. Arrived early in Arzua and soon passed through. Was hoping I wouldn't have to walk all the way to Arca, and was lucky. Found a hotel just off the Camino that has a small albergue. Real Towel provided. Heaven. I was a bit lucky to get the last albergue bed, as most people 'in the know' have reserved to stay here. Sun is shining and there is even a goldfish pond to enjoy.



People are all anticipating their arrival in Santiago with excitement. Rain is forecast: will I need to buy an umbrella?



Wasn't sure what would happen in Santiago as the place seems quite full on my arrival, but found a flyer on the track, and the kind lady here has reserved three nights for me.



So, tomorrow it's the last long walk to Monte de Gozo. Will do my laundry I hope, then walk into the Cathedral the next morning, the 21st.





Sent from my iPod

1 comment:

  1. I am excited for you! Thank you again for the virtual experience. It was great to be able to follow you along, look up where you were on the map and imagine me following along!

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete