Tuesday, June 19, 2012

In Melide

It was a fairly simple walk today, and yeah, the rain stayed away!!! It was a very peaceful night in the small albergue at Eirexe, with some people in bed very early, and everyone considerate of other people's need for sleep. The rooster started its crowing at just after 5am, but wasn't too loud as it seemed to be inside a shed. I arose just after 6am and was on the road by 6.30am.

Reached Palas de Rei 8km later and had breakfast in a nice cafe-bar on the route. There was also a shoe shop that carried some pilgrim goods, and she was doing a roaring trade in rain ponchos: I guess a few people must have got a good drenching yesterday afternoon.

The route today involved a few bits on quiet roads, but was often through forest that was very pleasant. Good easy walking mostly and I made good time, and was pleased that the gel I used seemed to be working well on my leg. I might make it through to Santiago on the 21st yet... if I can manage a long day tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment