Friday, October 07, 2016

Auckland Zoo

Yes, I have mixed feelings about zoos- and would rather not see animals confined even in more modern 'open' enclosures, but I went to Auckland Zoo anyway. 
As always the meerkats grab attention.

 

There were some interesting aspects of enclosures throughout the zoo, but one that really appealed to me was the wall of nesting boxes for the lovebirds, decorated by children from a local school.
 
Another favourite feature was the 'fence' made of 'koru' in a New Zealand walk-in aviary.
 
And in that aviary I was pleased to make the acquaintance of a kaka.
 
From the zoo to the port... I took an evening walk near the port nearby. The sun shone on some of the industrial sights quite beautifully, and I discovered more about the little park nearby. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment