Saturday, December 08, 2012

TP 224 Mellow yellow

This week Carmi has set "Mellow Yellow" as the photo theme for the week. I found I had several 'softer' yellow shots amongst ones I had recently taken.

This is probably my favourite of the bunch. There were candles burning in front of an icon at St Pat's Cathedral in Auckland when I was there a fortnight ago.

These little bees were also spied in Auckland- in a shop window in Victoria Market. Cute!

The last four photos were all taken from a recent weekend in Christchurch. (Yes I have been a bit of a gadabout lately.) These mellow yellow mugs have newly appeared in my friends' house- they had a lot of kitchenware broken in the earthquakes.

 There were quite a few out-of-towners for tea- and a plate of eggs was one of the choices for dinner.

 I am always surprised to see these lemons this far south. 

And despite the fact it was only early November, even a mellow yellow rose was in bloom. Somehow the desolation around because of the earthquakes has made the garden seem even more glorious.

5 comments:

  1. My wive would like the candles; I was impressed by the little bees but that rose is the best of the lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with your wife on this one- but I also loved the rose... it had the merest hint of yellow that made it not-cream. The bees though- they made me laugh- they were so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lemons. Are those flower buds that will eventually be other lemons?

    Michèle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some would be Michèle- if the bees come along and pollinate them..

      Delete
  4. Beautiful use of colors. I love the candles.

    ReplyDelete