Saturday, March 17, 2012

a longer circuit

Today I decided it was time for a longer circuit again, and the forecast promised good weather all day. We are getting near the end of daylight savings time here, so the sun wasn't up when I started walking at 6.45am- but you could gradually see the sky lighten over the hills to the east. It reminded me of the joy of mornings on the Camino to be walking at dawn.


I've set up my iPod Touch so I can see the weather and temperatures in places like Paris, Dijon, Le-Puy-en-Velay and Geneva, and at the end of last week I was a little surprised to realise the temperature in that part of the world was up in the high teens and early 20s already. I actually quite like walking when it is cooler, and carry some extra layers for that, so I was pleased to see the temperature in France is due to plummet again, even if the locals don't want that! Today it was quite warm walking up along Green's Rd where this photo was taken- around 23/24C, and I drank plenty from my two water bottles.


Around town, you can see that autumn is beginning, as the deciduous trees are starting to change colour. But in the countryside, the changes are more subtle. One thing I noticed today was fewer wildflowers than on my last walk up here- and more seedheads.


I arrived home carrying a slight injury today- maybe I will try swimming for a few days this week instead of walking...

2 comments:

  1. or riding your bike night be good too.. hope that it clears up soon!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I am wondering if it might be a result of wearing some new slippers with thick sheepskin. Will avoid them for now!

    ReplyDelete