Saturday, October 09, 2010

Palmerston North Esplanade

I think that the Palmerston North Esplanade is one of the most under-rated city parks in the country. So many different corners to dabble in as the mood takes you... When the rain became heavier at the Lagoon this morning I headed for the Esplanade- but things in Palmy being so accessible and close, the sunshine was shining again by the time I arrived.

The arcade of cherry blossom trees that greets you as you arrive now have more leafy coverage with their blossoms.

And amongst the abundant flowering trees presently are many rhodos and still some magnolias, such as this delicate one.

I headed into the conservatory today to see a few of the more unusual plants. Here are two that took my eye.

And to finish, this very pretty cascade of flowers....


2 comments:

  1. Looking at these pics I can almost hear the plants growing! So funny being on the other end of the seasons...my leaves are starting to turn and fall, after a horribly dry summer! Thanks for the reminder to look ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful pictures. Those ducks are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete