Monday, December 19, 2016

Across Cook Strait

So Day 1 involved crossing Cook Strait. I had a leisurely start to the day, dropped off something en route in Waikanae, and had time to have lunch with my sister in Wellington. Then it was downtown to the Interislander ferry parking lines- something that enkindled great excitement within- my holiday adventure was starting.
And so was the adventure for Aylesbury.
 

It was a very windy crossing, though not rough. As is usual for me, I spent most of the journey outside on the deck, where it was quite hard to stand if you stood in an unsheltered place!

This is the ferry I travelled on, the Aratere. 
 

Aylesbury had a fine seat.
 

 

It seemed like quite a quick crossing- and we were entering the Marlborough Sounds.
 

  

 

 

We docked at Picton around 6pm, and I drove the short distance south to Spring Creek where I am all set up in my tent for my first night camping for this summer. I can hear the creek water flow.... holidays have begun.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment